The uncertain state of society means that most households now include handguns to be used for protection. Whether or not you will actually ever need a handgun to protect your family and home, most people will feel more secure if they know that they will not be completely defenseless should their home be invaded. However, there are a few things to consider when you have firearms in your home: guns are the preferred target for burglars, and the possibility that accidents will occur, with the chance that a family member could be injured or killed. The natural curiosity of children can cause them to handle pistols, often with tragic results. In order to prevent both accidents and theft, it will be best to put your handguns into small safes to keep them out of the wrong hands.
Which Small Safe Will Be Best For You?
When you own handguns, you will definitely want to make certain that they are kept secure. There can probably be considered to be several approaches to small safes for handguns, and it is quite possible that all of these options will be appropriate for you.
• Small safes where pistols can be stored, but will not need to be accessed quickly.
• Safes where you will want to be able to get at your handgun fast, such as when a burglary occurs when you are present.
• Travelers often want to take handguns with them for protection, and small safes are available that allow them to do this safely.
Small Safe Options
There are quite a few options open for those who are looking for a small safe for their handguns. Prices can range from very affordable to quite expensive, depending upon the model and level of security it offers. However, regardless of which model, or models, you decide upon, you will know that you have taken a responsible step to protecting children from gun accidents and securing your firearms against theft.
• Biometric gun safes are perfect if you want to get to your handgun quickly. The swipe of a finger will open the safe instantly. Biometric safes are the latest in safe evolution, and most of these small safes have predrilled holes for mounting. An excellent small safe is the Imprint Biometric Pistol Safe. This safe can be bolted to the floor or a shelf and will give you access to your pistol in seconds.
• Walls safes are another good place to keep your handguns, but will not allow you the instantaneous access that a biometric safe will provide in most cases. Wall safes are easy to conceal behind pictures or drapery, and will keep your safe basically invisible. The Paragon Flat Electronic Hidden Wall Safe gives you the choice of using a keypad or key to open it. While most wall safes will not let you get into them instantly, the Viking Security Biometric Wall Safe will allow you to open your safe fast when you need to.
• Free-standing small safes are another good option, and these can easily be fixed to floors, walls, or shelves with their mounting hardware. Available as key, touchpad, combination, or biometric safes, these safes will give you the chance to store your handguns near your bed, your favorite seat in the living room, or wherever else you wish. The Honeywell Medium Steel Security Safe provides nearly a cubic foot of storage space, so there’s plenty of room for your handguns and other valuable items. This safe can be bolted down and uses a digital keypad. Another very good small safe is the Stack-On PS-514 Personal Safe with Electronic Lock. This safe will help to keep small fingers off your handguns, but still keep your pistols accessible to you.
• If you travel a good deal and are worried about personal security, you will appreciate the Secure-It Handgun Storage Safe. It will be easy to carry your favorite handgun along with you, without worry, when you use this small gun safe. Tuck it under the seat of your vehicle or put it into a suitcase, briefcase, or even large handbag to make sure that you will be protected wherever you go.